Our fees cover all of the work* required to complete the sale of a residential property. This includes producing the sale contract and associated documents for the purchaser’s solicitors, dealing with any enquiries they may raise, corresponding with the mortgage company where there is one and redeeming the mortgage on completion of the sale. We do not accept referral fees.
Our fixed fee (including VAT) depends on the sale price as follows:-
- Up to £100,000 – £660
- Up to £150,000 – £690
- Up to £200,000 – £720
- Up to £300,000 – £780
- Up to £400,000 – £840
- Up to £500,000 – £900
If the sale price is over and above £500,000, we shall provide a quote of our fees upon application. Leasehold matters attract an additional fee of £180.00. Dealing with management companies on freehold matters attracts an additional £120.00.
Our additional fee for each same-day electronic money transfer is £36 (also known as telegraphic transfer or CHAPs).
Disbursements (fees paid to third parties)
- Obtaining title information from the Land Registry – £3 per document, and
- Fees to Management Companies.
Stages of the process
The precise stages vary according to the circumstances. However, key elements are likely to include the following:
- Take your instructions and provide initial advice,
- Notify the mortgage company of impending sale,
- Draft contract documents,
- Respond to enquiries from the buyer’s solicitor,
- Give you advice on all documents and information received,
- Send final contract to you for signature,
- Agree on completion date (date on which ownership is transferred),
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened. Sometimes exchange and completion may take place on the same day, and
- Complete the sale and redeem the mortgage.
Phone our Newcastle Under Lyme office on 01782 627589 for free initial advice.
“Ann McCabe was so helpful understanding and caring. One minute my ex-husband was buying our house from me and the next minute he sold it to someone else this all happened in a week such a mess I was so stressed. Ann McCabe was brilliant she sorted everything that needed doing for me I can’t thank her enough and her assistant such lovely people and excellent at what they do.”
Sarah Peters, 11th July 2023
“Good helpful and informative throughout the whole process.”
Trudy, 25th March 2023
“Daniel Webb of Ann McCabe Solicitors acted on our behalf on the sale of our current house and the purchase of another. Although neither went to completion, we found Daniel’s professional service of the highest quality. He dealt [with] everything very easily amend made things as smooth as possible for us during what is inevitably a stressful process.
“In particular, Daniel’s communication was outstanding. It was prompt and always gave help and advice when needed. We would have no hesitation in asking Daniel to act on our behalf in the future.”
Stan, 22nd March 2023