We will provide initial advice free of charge by phone or online video meeting. We charge £1140 to apply to the Court of Protection for you to be deputy for someone who lacks mental capacity.
The figure quoted above includes:-
- Meeting with you to take your instructions and prepare your application to the Court of Protection
- Drafting the application including all amendments necessary before the application is ready to sign
- All correspondence and advice necessary.
The figure quoted does not include:-
- The fee payable to the Court of Protection, currently £365
- Insurance policy premium if a bond is necessary
- Annual fees required by the Court
- Acting as Deputy.
If you need a solicitor to act as deputy for someone who lacks mental capacity we suggest that you instead seek advice from Sheree Green of Greenchurch Legal Services. She is an expert in the field and is able to act as a Deputy when necessary.
Read more about legal costs here. Phone our Newcastle Under Lyme office for free initial advice on 01782 627589
What our clients say
“Ann McCabe Solicitors helped sort my family’s estate following the death of our mother. Smooth process and they completed quickly and without any error, and at a fair price.”
“First class advice and information would not hesitate to contact for any problems in the future.”