How much does a solicitor cost?
We will give you free initial legal advice by phone. Call 01782 627589 anytime to arrange an appointment.
Your call will be answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If we are not available when you call, please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as we pick up the message. Once we understand what your case involves, we will give you information about the legal costs that might apply.
What do we charge for?
Click on the links below for the fixed fees that may apply to your case:
Why our fees are good value
- We believe in access to justice and therefore aim to keep our rates affordable.
- We charge fixed fees where appropriate so that you know what costs to expect and can choose how much you pay us to do for you and how much you do yourself.
- Where appropriate, we offer instalment plans.
- We strive to deliver a high level of client care so you receive the highest quality of advice and care for a fair price.
- We understand that your life goes on outside office hours and it’s often in the evening or weekend that you want advice. Your phone call will therefore be answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week and we will respond to phone messages and emails as soon as we can.
- We can see you out of office hours by appointment.
Can you pay by instalments?
Yes. We believe in access to justice for all so we offer a range of competitively-priced fixed fees for each aspect or stage of your case.
You can then pick and choose how much you want us to deal with and how much you are able to do yourself. Many clients choose to pay a fixed amount towards our legal costs each month, typically making budgeting easier. We can discuss what payment plan would suit your case during an initial meeting.
We accept payment by cash (up to £600 per transaction), cheque, credit and debit card, and bank transfer.
How much does it cost to go to court?
There are essentially four types of costs you are likely to incur:
- Costs of legal representation and advice: Our fixed fees range from £60 for a simple change of name deed to £1500 for a whole day in court. After our first meeting, we would give you a breakdown via letter of the fees that apply to your individual case.
- Fees payable to the court: Depending on your financial circumstances, we may be able to help you claim an exemption or reduction to your court fee.
- Mediation is often the most amicable and cost-effective way of settling disputes following separation. Usually, you must attempt mediation before resorting to court proceedings. Depending on your financial circumstances, you may qualify for mediation free of charge. We will then provide you with free advice and assistance by telephone and email while you are going through the mediation process.
- Fees payable to other professionals, such as barristers, estate agents, financial advisers and experts.
In some cases, a client credit arrangement might be a good way to fund your legal costs.
Do you qualify for free legal advice (legal aid)?
For 25 years, Ann McCabe was dedicated to offering legal aid as she believes in access to justice for all. Unfortunately, diminishing legal aid rates and eligibility, and drastic cuts to the availability of legal aid in April 2013, made it extremely difficult for her to offer a quality affordable service to all. This was one of the reasons she left Legal Aid practice and set up her own firm.
Legal aid may be available to you firstly if you qualify financially, and secondly if you meet government criteria, including involvement with social services, being the victim of domestic abuse or needing to protect your child from abduction.
Although we are not able to offer you legal aid, we are able to give you an idea over the phone as to whether you might qualify for legal aid and then give you details of firms in the area who offer legal aid.
Eligibility for free mediation depends only on your financial circumstances.
Click here to read our terms and conditions.
Phone for initial free legal advice on 01782 627589.
“Excellent service. Highly recommend. Value for money.”
Paul, 28th April 2023
“Ann was excellent in helping deal with a difficult divorce. She provided great advice and was very fair in her charges. I would recommend her to help navigate a difficult process.”
Jason, 6th April 2023
“Ann provided fantastic service – she helped to certify documents. The communication was timely, up to the point and price was also definitely competitive. She helped to liaise with the FCDO office. She’s been great setting expectations. Highly recommended.”
Rob, 22nd February 2023